This page outlines the full array of CADViewer window features that you can fine-tune to enhance your user's enjoyment of your drawing files. These customizable CADViewer window options can be manipulate by means of applet parameters noted in your Web pages. For your convenience, the options are cataloged by what they affect -- the CADViewer window, the drawings themselves, or server-side resources utilized by the CADViewer.
CADViewer window specifications
- What kind of viewer to display -- (1) embedded in a Web page with other content or (2) opened as a stand-alone viewer window
- The size (height and width) of the viewer window
- The name and directory location of the initial drawing file
- Whether or not to display the redline toolbar
Drawing file specifications
- Specifying the format of a drawing -- DWF, SVF, GIF OR JPEG
- Specifying the initial view of a drawing
- Adding a watermark to a drawing
- Turning off layers in a drawing
- Location of the "list" file that the Open dialog box will use
- Whether or not to load a specified set of redlines with a drawing
- Specifying target windows for any in-image URLs
Server resource specifications
- The server directory location of related redline-saving scripts (if used)
- The server directory location for redline files -- if different from the default location
How to set up toolbar in the viewer
The toolbar in CV7 is completely configurable and contains a set of icons (buttons). System administrators will decide what icons to put in the toolbar. To add a icon to the toolbar, he/she needs to add a line in the .cfg file
The following is the example of how to add the zoom in/out to the toolbar
- param1 is the keyword and the english.txt (or other language .txt) file must have the meaning of this keyword.
- param2 is the name of the icon image.
In the english.txt file, there must exist a line
Where ... is the text displayed on the screen when the mouse is over the button. In this example, ... can be Zoom in/out.
List of available icon buttons:
|Layers||Show list of layers in the drawing|
|Views||Show lsit of named view in the drawing|
|Units ||Turn on the measurement tool|
|BlackWhite||Set the drawing to black on white|
|Print||Print the drawing|
|OpenFile||Open a new drawing|
|URL||Turn on/off url links in the drawing|
|rotatemirror||Turn on a sub-toolbar for rotating and mirroring drawing|
|comparefiles||Turn on a sub-toolbar for comparing file|
|redlines||Turn on/off a sub-toolbar for redline|
|textsearch||Search text string in the drawing|
|undoscreen||Return to the previous screen display|
|userhelp||Link to use help page|
|background||Change background color|
How to set up right click pop up menu
Popup menu is also configurable. To add an item in the popup menu, a line with the following format must be added to the .cfg file:
Where the popup_item can be any item in the list below:
The english.txt file must contain the text for the popup_item. Here is an example:
Note that if the param1 in the toolbar and the popup_item in the popup menu are the same, only one line in the english.txt file is required.
To proceed with the setting of these options, click Web Page Production Guide in the left-hand margin.