Print out this page, to help you check off the needed tasks.
- Decide how you want to present your collection of drawings --
As a Web page catalog with drawing-specific links to separate pages, each incorporating a viewer that displays a single drawing.
As a Web page catalog with links that, when clicked, open a standalone viewer window that displays a single drawing.
As a single Web page with a viewer and instructions about opening any listed drawings in this viewer.
- Decide whether or not your image files need any preliminary conversion to DWF or SVF format, or whether or not to engage an automatic file conversion process as part of the CADViewer server setup. (For more information, click "Tailor Made Software Ltd. AutoXchange".)
- Convert all of the drawing files not currently in DWF or SVF file formats.
- Verify that your DWF files record the measurement units, for use in CADViewer in measuring tasks.
- Compile a complete list of all URL's that are incorporated into the drawings that site visitors can click and view.
- Determine, at the same time, how you want the URL target to be displayed --
In the same browser window?
In a new browser window?
- Determine whether or not to allow redlining of drawings by site visitors. (This affects some of the following tasks.)
- Obtain the full directory pathways (from the webmaster) to the following:
The cgi-bin directory where the redline script is stored.
The directory where user-saved redline files will be stored. This may also be a hierarchy of subdirectories, into which redline files will be stored on a per-drawing basis.
The directory where images will be stored. This may also be a hierarchy of subdirectories, in which drawing files will be sorted by content, date or title.
The directory where a "list" file will be stored.
- If you want to fully exploit the CADViewer Open Drawing feature, create the needed "list" file.
- Inventory all your drawings and determine the following for each drawing:
Are there layers in the drawing that you want hidden from view?
Do you want to incorporate "watermark" text in each drawing?
Is there a particular viewing area in specific drawings that you would like to appear in the CADViewer window when the drawing is displayed?
- Create the HTML files for your CADViewer window --
- Customize -- with applet parameters -- the viewer windows.
- Upload the HTML files, list files and image files to the server.
- Test each of the pages for the following--
Saving and reopening of redline files
- When the testing has been completed and all the problems resolved, you can open your site for use. It is now ready.